September 26

Homago 3 – Video forums

Hello Everyone,

I have a lot of experience with videos. However, I just learned through my PLN that apple products have a built-in screen recorder, which I did not know. I learn a lot about technology tips/tricks through social media.

I record notes through my IPAD and upload those to Youtube to post to my students. In my role, my students have slow, glitchy computers and a poor internet connection thus, it is easier for them to start the videos when they are ready. It is hard to do it LIVE through a meeting or MS Teams.

Also, Edpuzzle is a great tech tool to use in the classroom because you can take a video from most places, and have students watch them and have it stop to ask questions or do a voice crossover.

My pedagogical focus for me this year was to build my own website. A website I could house all of my content, and a place for students to get stuff. It is like a one-stop-shop for everything. Furthermore, I wanted to be able to use this for education in general, and if I moved on to a different district, I could still use my website.

I went to Weebly because I knew it was a free place where I could build my website. I am very techy and good with technology, so it was easy to build and took time to construct. However, I am not using it as much as I would like.

My lessons usually consist of using PearDeck, which is a program where you can present a PowerPoint, with build-in comprehension questions that students answer in real-time, and you see their responses. Then, they practice on IXL or an assignment that I post within MS TEAMS.

Jammath6.weebly.comĀ – This is my website, let me know of any ways how I could use it more in my math class.

Posted September 26, 2020 by bjamirson in category Uncategorized